This soup is hearty and packed with flavor – not to mention it’s Whole30 approved!
2 lbs ground turkey
4 cups broth (homemade or Whole30 compliant)
2 cups water
1 tablespoon garlic oil
4 cups chopped potatoes, about 4 large russets
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3-4 cups kale, chopped
12 oz bacon, chopped and cooked
1/2 cup diced green onion
parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey, breaking into small pieces as it cooks.
- While that cooks, in a large stock pot, combine broth, water, garlic oil, potatoes, and salt. Cook over med/high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until potatoes are fork tender (about 10-13 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and add in the almond milk. Using an immersion blender, blend a little to get creamy while leaving some potatoes whole. This step is option, but results in a creamier soup.
- Add in ground turkey, kale, bacon, green onions, and italiton seasoning. Turn heat back on to medium (if needed) to cook kale until wilted.
- Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!