Our How She Started: Business Breakdown 101 workshop may have been a few days ago, but we still remember it like it was yesterday, and are so overwhelmed with all the love that we got from our amazing attendees!
This event highlighted five female entrepreneurs in different industries around the Panhandle area. The panelist included Becca White owner of M Street Studio, Kendra Timmons owner of Mosiac Beauty Studios, Robyn Bilson owner of Hatched Studio, and Joanna Robertson owner of Joanna Robertson Photography and Ranch Haus, and Kasey owner of From 6th Collective.
The night began with a cocktail hour and meet and greet with our Collective Retailers followed by the panel discussion. The panelist shared candid stories on their path to where they are today. And what the attendees quickly learned that their paths to success were not linear.
After carefully sifting through my overdose of insightful information, I’ve digested what I consider to be my key takeaways from the workshop:
Be Authentically Y O U:
• No one else is you. There’s power in that!
• The best way to stand out in a saturated market is being authentic to who you are and providing some kind of value.
Plan for Success:
• Plan for success so you’re prepared for big opportunities when they arise. It could come out of nowhere!
• Your branding and photos matter – they could end up in magazines like Vogue and Vanity Fair.
• Business plans are great ways to keep track of your goals financially, personally, and who your ideal target market is.
• If you’re passionate about something just start sharing it. It doesn’t have to be perfect right away, find your groove. There’s someone out there that will connect with it!
• Don’t let the fear of someone else doing what you wanted to stop you. No one has the exact same life experience or point of view that you do.
It Doesn’t Happen Overnight:
• While Instagram makes everyone’s lives look picture-perfect, each of these panelists has worked tirelessly for years to get where they are today!
Both those on stage and off stage were so encouraging. It was inspiring to meet all of our attendees! We’re still over the moon at the turnout.
Stay updated here for our future events. We know that this is just the beginning of something amazing for our community of inspiring women.